With most of their children found to be born in Cornville, it seems likely that the Jeremiah seen there during the 1820 and 1830 censuses would be the correct family.
1820 Cornville, Maine census:
2 males -10; 1 M 26-44; 3 females -10; 1 F 16-25
1830 Cornville, ME census:
2 M 5-9; 1 M 10-14; 1 M 40-49; 2 F -5; 1 F 5-9; 2 F 10-14; 1 F 30-39
There are additional youngsters in the household who are probably not from their marriage. This newspaper clipping (at left) shows Charlotte with two children (not known if she had these out of wedlock, or she was actually a widow).
I have not yet found a death record for Jeremiah Brown, or burial place. I did not find an 1840 census entry that matched him and family. For some reason, nearly the entire family moved to Massachusetts and lived in the Danvers/Middleton area. It is not clear if this took place before or after his decease.
i. TIMOTHY E BROWN, b. abt Nov 1820 [1900 census; age at death calc to Aug 1820 birth date]; d. 22 June 1905 in Fairfield, ME, aged 84 yrs, 10 mos [ME vr]. He was married to LEXAVILLA E YOUNG circa 1850 [1900 census] She was born 1832, perhaps in Skowhegan, ME, and died 17 May 1905 [ME vr]. Lived in Athens, ME, 1870, and removed afterwards to Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME. In Fairfield, ME by 1900. Seven children [1900 census says "ch 6/5"]. Note: The 3 born in Middleton had their mother listed as "Lydia A" on their birth records:
1. Sophronia F Brown, b. ca 1855 in ME
2. Warren T Brown, b. 2 Jan 1857 in Middleton; d. 4 Oct 1919 in Gardiner, ME [ME vr]
3. Freddy Brown, b. 19 May 1859 in Middleton [MA vr]
4. Arthur Augustus Brown, b. 28 May 1861 in Middleton, MA [MA vr]; d. 1937 [grave]
5. Elva E Brown, b. ca 1865 in ME
6. Mary E Brown, b. ca 1868 in ME
7. Willie Brown, b. ca 1871 in ME
ii. JOSEPH BROWN, b. ca 1820-21 (based on census ages) or 10 July 1818 [calc from age from death rec] in Cornville, Maine; d. 20 Nov 1894 in Skowhegan, ME, aged 76 yrs, 4 mos, 10 das [ME vr]. Married ca Nov 1845 to LUCY A SHATTUCK. Born 1829, she died in Skowhegan on 23 Mar 1897 [ME death rec]. They lived in Athens and Solon, Maine.
Known children of Joseph and Lucy (Shattuck) Brown:
1. Lucy Ann Brown, b. ca 1847; Marr Joseph Leavitt. Had son Charles F Leavitt b. 1870
2. Abby "Abba" M Brown, b. ca 1849 in Skowhegan [marr rec] or 9 Jan 1850 in Solon [death rec]; died 16 Nov 1904 in New Ipswich, NH [NH death rec], and buried in Centre Cem, New Ipswich. Married in Boston, MA on 24 Dec 1871 to David Edward Joy. He was born in Braintree, MA. Living in Cambridge, MA in 1900 census, they moved to New Ipswich two years later.They had an adopted son, Walter E Joy.
3. Joseph Delmont Brown, b. 28 Jan 1850 [grave; death rec says 1849] in Solon; d. 11 Feb 1918 in Dexter, ME. Buried in Mt Pleasant Cemetery, Dexter.
4. John D Brown, b. 23 Jan 1854 Solon [VR Solon, pg 274; called 3rd child; marr rec also list birth as Solon]; Married 1st (unknown). Marr 2nd, 25 June 1905 in Parkman, ME, to Hattie (Devoll) Roberts. She was born in Athens, ME. Marr 3rd, on 25 Dec 1911 in Skowhegan, Maine, to Annie A Pushaw. Both listed as divorced.
5. Emma D Brown, b. ca 1855
6. Charles N Brown, b. ca 1857 (age 3 in 1860); not with family in 1870 census
7. Georgia Anna (Georgianna) Brown, b. 1858-1859 (age 1 in 1860, 12 in 1870) in Solon [Marr rec]; Married in Somerville, MA on 20 Aug 1873 [MA vr] to James Olson, son of Olaf and Sigren Olson. He was b. Sweden.
8. William N Brown, b. ca 1863. With parents, 1880 census, age 18.
9. Lilla May Brown, b. ca 1865. May have married Amos Avery in 1884 (more research needed)
10. Fred Beals Brown, b. 26 Nov 1869 Athens, Maine; d. after 1930. Married Clara E Eames. She was born ca Apr 1874 [1900 census], the dau of Joseph Eames.
iii. EMILY ANN BROWN, b. ca 13 Dec 1820 (based on age at death) in Cornville; d. 7 May 1871 in Middleton, MA, aged 50 yrs, 4 mos, 24 das from typhoid fever [MA vr]. Married first, on 25 Nov 1841 in Danvers, MA, to JOSEPH MERRILL Jr. Marr 2nd, on 11 June 1845 in Danvers, MA, to JASON RICHARDSON, son of David Richardson. He was born in Middleton, MA, and died 27 Nov 1896, aged 80 yrs [MA vr]. Known children of Emily:
1. Charlotte Merrill, b. Holderness, NH; d. 27 Jan 1893 in Middleton, aged 49 yrs, 4 mos, 3 das, from pneumonia [MA vr]. Marr 1st to Samuel F Foss, 4/14/1865 in Middleton. Marr 2nd to Levi Frank Atwood, 12/2/1872 Middleton, MA (another rec says they marr 9 Jan 1867 in Concord, NH).
2. Eunice Helen Richardson, b. 20 Dec 1847 Middleton, MA; Marr 11/5/1865 in Middleton to William H Wildes.
3. Clara Josephine Richardson, b. 23 Nov 1848 Middleton; d. 23 Jan 1866, aged 17 yrs, from typhoid fever
4. Emma Celia Richardson, b. 25 May 1852, Middleton. Marr 8/31/1873 to Lewis W Gault.
5. Willianna Esther Richardson, b. 20 Apr 1857 in Middleton [town vr]. Marr 4/4/1883, John Milbery.
6. Mary Rogers Richardson, b. 11 Nov 1861
iv. MARY JANE BROWN, b. abt Aug 1824 in Cornville; d. aft 1920 census. Married first, in Somersworth, NH on 2 Aug 1846 [NH vr], to JAMES C WEED. She secondly married, in Danvers, MA on 25 Dec 1851 [MA vr], to HENRY D HOYT (b. Thornton, NH 1832; d.16 May 1879 in Wakefield, MA). Mary lived in Somersworth, NH in 1850 w/ infant son George and sister Clara. She later lived in South Reading and Wakefield, MA. she had 3 children:
1. George C Weed, b.ca.1848; d. 10 May 1914 in Rochester, Minn.
2. Frank P Hoyt, b. May 1854 in Thornton, NH; Marr Nellie J Oliver on 12/20/1888 in Wakefield, MA
3. Lee D Hoyt, b. 8 Mar 1855 in MA; d. 26 Oct 1921 Bexar County, TX [TX Deaths]
v. CLARA Y BROWN, b. ca 1827 in Cornville; d. 2 July 1887 in Milton, MA, from heart dis, aged 60 [MA vr]. Married WILLIAM H ROBERTS. He died 13 Mar 1883 in Milton, MA and bur in Milton Cem. He was a Civil War veteran, having served in Co E, 1st MA Heavy Artillery. Clara filed for a pension in 1885. They lived in Milton, MA.
vi. JOHN S BROWN, (possibly fits here as a child, as he also lived in Danvers and Middleton, and widow Charlotte lived with him in 1860 census) b. abt 1829 [1870,'80 census ages] or Apr 1827 [1900 census] in Cornville, ME [son Charles's birth rec] or in Skowhegan, Maine [Frank and Luella's marr recs; also seen as Biddeford and Augusta]; d. Gardner, MA on 19 Oct 1905, aged "84 yrs" from heart disease (called a widow, but looks like he was separated from wife, as they were living apart in 1900 census). He was married to LUCINDA F FLAGG, who was born in Mason, NH ca Oct 1833 [1900 census] and died in Mason, NH on 5 Nov 1917 [NH vr]. Both were buried in Greenville, NH.
They had 10 children [1900 census]:
1. Charles Henry Brown, b. 6 Apr 1853 in North reading, MA [MA vr]. Liv w/ parents in Mason, 1880,single.
2. Clarence Eugene Brown, b. 6 Oct 1854 in Lynnfield, MA [MA vr]. Marr 1st Julia A Jeffrey; 2nd on 11/28/1909 to Harriet E (Fairfield) Felch, her 3rd marr.
3. Alfred W Brown, b. Andover, MA [marr rec]. Marr 11/6/1883 in Townsend, MA [NH vr], Ellen M Goldsmith.
4. Eben Brown, b. 16 Aug 1859 in Danvers, MA [MA vr]; not w/ fam in 1870
5. Frank Elmer Brown, b. 1862 in Danvers. Marr 12/26/1892 in Greenville, NH . Marr 2nd, Gertrude R Adams, 2/5/1906 in Westminster, MA
6. William N C (aka Wilbur; Wilburn N) Brown, b. 28 Aug 1864 in Danvers [MA vr]; d. 25 Sept 1948, San Diego [CA Death Index].
7. Florence "Flora" E Brown, b. ca 1867 in Mason, NH. Marr in Greenville, NH on 6/5/1890 to Herbert O Elliott of Princeton, MA. They lived in Ashburnham, MA.
8. George J (or A) Brown, b. Oct 1869 in NH [1870 census; 1900 census]
9. Luella Lizzie Brown, b. 12 Mar 1872 in Mason [NH vr]. Marr 11/21/1892 in Greenville, NH, Howard C Mathews [NH vr]. Liv in Gardner, MA, 1910 and 1920 censuses.
10. Fred L Brown, b. 16 Feb 1875 in Mason, NH [Nh vr]. Marr Emily A Vatcher on 27 June 1912 in Ayer, MA.
vii. HARRIET JUDKINS BROWN, b. Feb 1830; d. 28 Nov 1911 in Wakefield, MA, aged 70 yrs, 8 mos, 24 das (age way off). Bur Centre Cemetery, Randolph, MA. Married HARRISON S HUNT on 11 Mar 1849 in Stoughton, MA [MA vr]. Harrison was born in Quincy, MA, and died there 14 Apr 1894 [MA vr]. He served with the 40th MA Infantry during the Civil War. They had four children [1900 census]:
1.Charles S Alphonso Hunt, b. 22 Jan 1851 in Canton, MA [MA vr]. Marr 1st, 8/6/1875 in Milton, to Annie M Kingham. Marr 2nd, 3/12/1879 in Quincy, to Annie B Simpson.
2. Aubigne Augustus Hunt, b. 20 Sept 1853 in Stoughton, MA [MA vr]; d. 7 Feb 1920, Hudson, MI. Marr Alice B Page 6/27/1882 in Quincy. Moved to Michigan.
3. Stillman Frank (Stillman Arthur on birth rec) Hunt, b. 23 Oct 1860 in Milton [MA vr]
4. Ella E Hunt, b. abt 1867 (age 3 in 1870); didn't find birth rec
viii. WILLIAM N BROWN, b. abt June 1831 in Cornville; d. aft 1920 census. Married 11 June 1854 in Danvers, MA to SARAH F MESSER, b.Billerica, MA ca June 1834 [1900 census]). Lived in Middleton, MA, seen as a shoeworker and a teamster in census recs. They had five children, according to 1900 census data:
1. Charles J Brown, b. ca 1857 (age 3 in 1860); d. 7 Sept 1917 [1918 Middleton St Dir]. Marr Ida M
2. Liola(sp?) Nelson Brown, b. ca 1860; d. 7 Feb 1901 in Danvers, MA, aged 41 yrs.
3. Harriet Estella Brown, b. 15 Dec 1861 in Middleton, MA
4. Etta F Brown, b. 30 May 1864 in Middleton
5. Everett L Brown, b.ca 1871 (age 9 in 1880)
ix. GEORGE SYLVESTER BROWN, b. Cornville ca 1839; d. 21 Mar 1863 in Danvers, MA, aged 24, from an ulcer of stomach [MA vr]. Have not found in records prior to his death.
With the recent release of the probate collection on Ancestry, I was able to get copies of Charlotte's will from Middlesex county, Massachusetts without having to make a trip there. All of the names found in this record confirmed those names I had listed above. Below are three of the pages from the probate file: